1. Objective of the policy
As a responsible travel agent, we seek to maintain and enhance our reputation of providing you with high quality products and services. We value complaints as they assist us to improve our products, services and customer service.
We are committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of our customers or potential customers and to resolving your complaint as quickly as possible.
This policy has been designed to provide guidance to our customers on the manner in which we receive and manage your complaint. We are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling your complaint.
The objective of this policy is to ensure:
- you are aware of our complaint lodgement and handling processes;
- you understand our complaints handling process;
- your complaint is investigated impartially with a balanced view of all information and evidence;
- we take reasonable steps to actively protect your personal information; and
- your complaint is considered on its merits taking into account individual circumstances and needs.
2. Definition of a complaint
In this policy, a complaint means an expression of dissatisfaction by a customer relating to its dealings with, or a travel service provided by Savvysailor
3. How a complaint can be made
You can lodge a formal complaint with us by:
- completing a feedback form on our website;
- telephoning us;
- writing to us; or
- emailing us.
If we receive your complaint verbally and we consider it appropriate, we may ask you to put your complaint in writing. Our complaints handling process is free of charge.
4. The information you will need to tell us
When we are investigating your complaint, we will be relying on information provided by you and information we may already be holding. As such, we may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information. To help us investigate your complaint quickly and efficiently we will usually need the following information:
- your name and contact details;
- the name of the person you have been dealing with about your travel service;
- the nature of the complaint;
- details of any steps you have already taken to resolve the compliant;
- details of conversations you may have had with us that may be relevant to your complaint; and
- copies of any documentation which supports your complaint.
5. Recording complaints
When taking a complaint, we will record:
- your name and contact details;
- all details of your complaint including the facts and the cause(s) of your complaint;
- the outcome of your complaint; and
- any actions taken following the investigation of your complaint; and
- all dates and times relating to actions taken to resolve the complaint and communications between you and us.
If you lodge a complaint, we will record your personal information solely for the purposes of addressing your complaint. Your personal details will actively be protected from disclosure, unless you expressly consent to its disclosure.
Where a third-party travel supplier such as a tour operator, was involved in your travel services, we may be required to speak with them and disclose your personal details to them in order to fully investigate and resolve your complaint. We will not disclose your personal details to a third party without your consent.
6. Our six-point complaint process
We are committed to resolving your complaint as quickly as possible. To this end, we will endeavour to follow this 6-step complaint process and meet the stipulated timeframes where possible:
- We acknowledge – within three business days of receiving your complaint we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint.
- We review – we undertake an initial review of your complaint and determine what (if any) additional information or documentation may be required to complete an investigation. We may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information.
- We investigate –we will investigate your complaint objectively and impartially, by considering the information you have provided us, our actions in relation to your dealings with us and any other information that could assist us in investigating your complaint.
- We respond – within 10 days of receiving your complaint we will complete our investigation and notify you of our findings and any actions we may have taken in regards to your complaint.
- We take action – where appropriate we amend our business practices or policies.
- We record – we will record details of your complaint as set out in part 5 above.
7. Complaints under investigation by a regulator or law enforcement agency
If your complaint is currently being investigated by a relevant federal, state or territory consumer protection regulator or law enforcement agency we may cease to take further action in relation to your complaint pending finalisation of their investigation. We will assist any agency with their investigations.
8. Your rights under Australian Consumer Law
You may refer your complaint to your relevant federal, state or territory consumer protection agency at any time.
9. Our contact details
You can WRITE to us at: Savvysailor
62A Lethem Street
Hendra QLD 4011
You can EMAIL us at: email@example.com
You can CALL us on: 0402 595 070